Teacher of Humanities
To commence for the Autumn Term 2019/2020 (August 2019)
Key Base will be at Newbridge High School
with the flexibility to work in other schools within the MAT as required.
Are you a motivated Teacher of Humanities looking for a position where you can join a dynamic department with excellent facilities?
We are looking for an innovative teacher who is passionate about Humanities building upon students’ skills. You must be dedicated, organised and totally committed to driving standards and raising achievement through the delivery of outstanding lessons.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Teacher of Humanities who is passionate about teaching. The Humanities are valued and popular subjects across Key Stage 3, and include Ethics and Philosophy, Geography and History.
The Trust plans to convert their secondary schools into Key Stage 3 and 4 schools, providing education to students from age 11 – 16 in the local area. It is an exciting time for the Trust and the successful candidate will be instrumental as we embark on this journey.
Both NQTs and experienced teachers are encouraged. Applications are welcome from both established and recently qualified teachers with appropriate relevant experience.
We are looking for someone who:
- has high professional standards
- is able to deliver lessons to Key Stage 3 and 4 students
- is committed to raising the achievement of all learners by ensuring teaching across the curriculum is of the highest quality
- is able to make positive relationships with staff, students, parents and the wider community
- is able to plan and deliver innovative and inspirational lessons that engage students
Within the Apollo Partnership Trust, our Academies passionately believe in giving young people the very best education and the chance to progress and develop themselves through the wide opportunities we offer. We have high expectations and aspirations for all students and staff within our Trust and we expect excellence throughout.
Beyond the classroom we offer many clubs, activities and opportunities to develop a range of skills, nurture existing talents and offer a chance to try new things; which not only help make new friends but benefit the mind and promote a healthier lifestyle.
Our motto is ‘Excellence Through Partnership’. We strongly believe our collaborative approach ensures staff are part of a family of academies, with the highest educational and operational expertise to ensure the very best education, support and guidance to our students across the group.
We are proud of all of our academies. We actively seek to maintain and develop both individual academy identity and characteristics.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- work with other local academies and schools
- become part of a thriving, successful and dedicated Multi-Academy Trust
- joining the Trust will allow the successful candidate to have access to extensive staff benefits, details of which can be found: http://www.apollopartnershiptrust.uk/why-join-us/
If you are a Newly Qualified Teacher you will:
- have comprehensive support from the Trust and Forest Way Teaching School Alliance (FWTSA)
Informal visits are welcome.
For further details please download the following files:
or contact Donna Hudson-Bennett on 01530 831561
Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 10:00am on Tuesday 5 March 2019.
It is anticipated interviews will be held w/c 11 March 2019.
People with disabilities and from ethnic minorities are under-represented in our staff group.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified/experienced people from these groups.
These posts are designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check).
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS