- The Castle Rock School
- 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
- Grade 9 £25,485 to £27,666
(FTE 87.39% therefore actual gross salary £22,232 – £24,177pa)
Do you have the patience, resilience and aptitude, even against the odds, to enable students to be successful?
We seek to appoint Pastoral Mentors who will inspire students to ‘Be The Best They Can Be’. Working with the Head of Year, Pastoral Mentors will provide care, guidance, pastoral support and encouragement to students therefore it is crucial the successful candidate has an ability to engage with young people and cares about their happiness.
Pastoral Mentors are the first point of call for parents and carers, playing a vital link between home and school. A ‘can do’ attitude is essential in this fast-paced demanding support role, where all are passionate about the potential of young people.
The successful candidate will need excellent communication, time management and team working skills as well as patience and resilience.
If you are the type of person who strives to meet the needs of every child and has a proven track record of successfully working with young people, then you would cherish this opportunity.
The successful candidate will:
- be a team player
- be organised and methodical
- be able to remain calm and efficient under pressure
- have a flexible, aspirational and enthusiastic attitude
- be reflective and have a desire to work effectively in partnership with colleagues, students and their support network
- have a desire to set high expectations, embrace change and challenge whilst support all members of the team.
Within the Apollo Partnership Trust, our Academies passionately believe in giving young people the very best Education and the chance to progress and develop themselves through the wide opportunities we offer. We have high expectations and aspirations for all students and staff within our Trust and we expect excellence throughout.
Beyond the classroom we offer many clubs, activities and opportunities to develop a range of skills, nurture existing talents and offer a chance to try new things; which not only help make new friends but benefit the mind and promote a healthier lifestyle.
Our motto is ‘Excellence Through Partnership’. We strongly believe our collaborative approach ensures staff are part of a family of academies, with the highest educational and operational expertise to ensure the very best education, support and guidance to our students across the group.
We are proud of all of our academies. We actively seek to maintain and develop both individual academy identity and characteristics.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- to work with other local academies and schools
- become part of a thriving, successful and dedicated Multi-Academy Trust
- joining the Trust will allow the successful candidate to have access to extensive staff benefits, details of which can be found: https://www.apollopartnershiptrust.uk/why-join-us/
For further details, please click on the downloadable files below:
- Job Description
- Personnel Specification
- Application Guidance Notes
- Privacy Notice
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
Informal visits are welcome.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com
Closing date for application: 10:00am on 10 May 2021.
It is anticipated interviews will be held on 18 or 19 May 2021.
People with disabilities and from ethnic minorities are underrepresented in our staff group.
We welcome applications from suitably qualified/experienced people from these groups.
These posts are designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check).
NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.